In Pictures and In Words - Book Study

I love, love, love summer! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the fact that I can do things in the summer that are impossible to do in the school year - like read! I love to read! One of my favorite things to do on a summer afternoon is to take a good book out to the patio, stretch out on my deck chair with a cool glass of lemonade, and read! I enjoy all kinds of reading and I admit, novels are my all time favorite thing to read. I am presently reading "Lone Wolf" by Jodi Piccoult. I downloaded it on my Kindle, but the next book I read will be a REAL book! And what I mean about a REAL book is a book where you can actually turn the pages and smell the paper! There also is something about perusing a book store that is just plain peaceful!
I also like to use the summer to read professional books that I have no time to read in the school year. I happened upon this blog book study that is being hosted by 5 wonderful teachers. They are Deedee Wills, Kim Adsit, Deanna Jump, Kathleen Pedersen, and Cheryl Saoud. They will posting their thoughts on this book: In Pictures and In Words by Katie Wood Ray. The study starts on June 22 and I have ordered the book and I plan to participate in the study.  Here is the link to Deedee Will's blog post. I will also be posting my thoughts on the book as I read along as well.
  Another book study I am going to participate in is the Daily 5 in Kindergarten hosted by Tammy at Live, Love, Laugh Kindergarten. Here is the link to her first post. Our third grade teachers piloted Daily 5 this past school year and loved it! As I listened to them, I kept wondering how it would work in kindergarten. Well, Tammy's book study is for kindergarten teachers who want to use the concept, but have also wondered how to organize it for kindergarten!

I ordered both books and haven't received either one yet, though, so as I wait for them arrive, I will enjoy my easy thinking novels and prepare my brain for more professional reading in a week or so!

Peace and blessings,

No comments

Post a Comment