Back to School Freebie! Fun way to put away school supplies

Our kinder students come to visit us a few days before school starts to meet their teacher and become oriented to their classroom. On this visit day, we ask that they bring their school supplies with them to put away with their parents. We love to do this because it eliminates having to do it on the first day of school PLUS for those kiddos who do not have school supplies, it is an easy way to keep them from feeling badly about NOT having their supplies. I have tried varied activities, but have never been quite satisfied with what we have done.  So this year, I thought I would have the kids do a Scavenger hunt with their parents or caregiver. I thought that I would put the clues in a pocket chart and have parent and child read the clues and discover where their supplies are stored.

Here is how the game works:
The clues show the supply that is to be put away. The clue describes a picture that must be searched for in order to find the spot to put away the supply. Put tubs or boxes in which supplies will be stored close to the picture.

For example, the first clue says:
Pretty, pretty crayons. Colors in your box. I love crayons! Which one is my favorite you ask? The one that reminds me of a fox!

So.... what the kids do is look for a picture of a fox somewhere in the classroom and that is where their crayons go! Does this make sense?

Of course, the problem I have with sharing this is that we all do not have the same supplies, so I did add some blank cards in the packet. I also included supply labels that can be used to label bins or tubs that are used for the storage of supplies.

I hope that you will find this packet helpful! If you would like to download it, click the image above and it will take you to my TPT store!




 

1 comment

  1. So cute! Thank you for sharing! Great way to get those supplies organized :)

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete