This is Spring Break Week and I Have Been Busy! A Spring Literacy Pack and a Freebie!

Hello!
I was thinking that last year at this time, I was enjoying the sweet climate of Rome! Wow! This year, no such luck for travel.... this has been my spring break and my husband and I have had a quiet week at home. I have been busy - REALLY busy! I have been doing  little things that I have put off for MANY months and now have had time to tackle!

On Tuesday, I had my taped interview for the Women of Distinction award. I was BEYOND nervous and cannot remember anything that I said! I am definitely a behind the scenes type of person! I would so much rather be in front of a HUNDRED five year olds than even 2 adults! So, so, so glad that is over!

I was in the Kindergarten study for Daily 5 this past summer and have implemented many parts of it. I hope to write a blog post soon about the changes that I have made to suit the needs of my classroom. One thing that I could not give up was fun literacy center work. I enjoy adding seasonal games to the Word Work rotation and I think my students enjoy it, too! I have 4 reading groups that rotate through 4 centers daily. One rotation is always a seasonal literacy game. Every one of my students do the same seasonal center each day i.e. I only put out one new game daily which all students rotate through the same day. I love doing this because now I can keep track of who has finished their center every day instead of waiting for 4 days to do the checking! The following week, I put the seasonal game into their CHOICE center and it stays there for the entire month and sometimes into the following month.

Because I was home this week, I had a chance to create a new Spring Literacy center packet AND an Easter Bunny Word game freebie. Both are based on the Reading Foundational Skills for Kindergarten. The Spring packet includes a Bunny Sight Word Mix Up game, a CVCe Flower Fun game, a Chick Syllable Sort, and a Short Vowel Search and Find game.
Here is the preview for the Spring Literacy packet; although Blogger has cropped the picture a little.... so sorry about that!
The Easter Bunny Word Game is a freebie that can be put into your early finisher tub. All you need are buttons or mini erasers for game pieces; everything else is included and easy to implement! The clip art is from DJ Inkers and  I have a license to use it. It has been a joy to utilize some of their cute, cute clip art! I named it Easter Bunny Word game, but it can be used after Easter, I think! Click the image above for the Spring Literacy pack and the image at the beginning of this post for the Easter Bunny freebie!

Until next time!

Blessings, Cindy

No comments

Post a Comment