Feeling a Bit Brain Drained!

Hello Friends!
Boy, oh boy, I am feeling a brain drain! We as teachers are asked to do so much and sometimes, our bodies and minds just say "Stop! I need a break!" That is what I am feeling right now! It just seems that the past two weeks I have been going, going, going and have had no time to just sit back and relax! Taking the time to sit down and write an interesting blog post has just been plain difficult! Hopefully my drive will be back soon!

But...... here are a FEW things that we did this past week.......

We are working on the decomposition of the number 5.  By the end of the week, MOST of my kinders seemed to have grasped the concept of various combinations of numbers that EQUAL the same sum - Yay!

Here is a fun way that my kiddos decomposed numbers this week. They glued words on the bottom of their paper first, then painted an outline of a tree. They then counted 5 leaves and glued some of the leaves IN the tree and some of the leaves ON the ground. They then wrote a number sentence on their paper denoting their combination i.e.  3 + 2 = 5. They did great on everything, but it was a bit of a challenge to write the number sentence. They did it, though, and I think they had fun with this activity. I used fabric leaves that I found at Michaels, but you could easily use paper leaves or leaf prints!





We have our Halloween party on the last Friday of October regardless of the calendar date. I love doing it this way! We have our party and then they have the weekend to recuperate! Look at these fun Halloween treats that the Moms brought in for the party today! Bones (White chocolate pretzels with a marshmallow on the ends) and witch's fingers (string cheese with a piece of green pepper for fingernails)



Blog Hoppin is still having a Fall Feature! Hop on over to read some really fun posts about some fun resources!


I am late to the game on sharing these door decorations, but maybe you can put them in your file and use them next year! We have 3 kindergartens and these are the door decorations for the 3 of us. The little yellow circles are our kiddos faces blocked out, of course!



That's it for now! Have a wonderful week!

Until next time!

2 comments

  1. I LOVE that tree and leaf activity! AND- those cute snacks. Oh my - what fun ideas. The witch fingers made me laugh! Your door are adorable. We aren't allowed to put things on our doors, not sure why. We used to and it looks so inviting! I am with you being drained. The first few months are one holiday to the next, and then, oh yeah, all the curriculum in between!
    Enjoy this weekend!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right! The holidays just keep coming and we still have to teach! Whew! It gets crazy sometimes!

      Thanks for you comment! It made me smile!!

      Cindy

      Delete