Random Five for Friday thoughts... good-bye summer, garden, butterflies, laminating film, and a Messy Classroom!

Hello Friends,

Yay! Time for Five for Friday! Here I go....

1.  We start back to school in 10 days..... ten....... days........ So hard to let go of summer.... I had such a wonderful one! We took no BIG vacations; instead we drove to Eastern Michigan and Southern Wisconsin enjoying the lakes and some well needed family time!
2.  I had the pleasure of working with a couple of my former students (and their little sister)  today. They came over to the garden and helped me paint some signs and make a scarecrow. Such a fun morning!







3.  I was able to capture this pretty picture of a Monarch butterfly in my crab apple tree today. I THINK it is a male because of the lower black spots on his wings. Females do not have these black spots.

4.  This year I invested in MATTE laminating pouches. They are SUPER expensive! Almost $35 for 100 sheets. BUT, I bit the bullet and purchased them because I really wanted my student to be able to see the alphabet posters in my classroom this year without a glare. They worked great! Here is a (not so good) picture of the posters that were laminated with matte pouches....


Here is another (not so good) photo of posters that I laminated with the shiny (more affordable) pouches.

You sure can see the glare on the shiny sheets!

These are the matte laminating pouches that I purchased. As I wrote, they are expensive! They are very nice and I do not feel like my money was wasted BUT I will only be using the pouches for things that I want to keep for a really long time!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028P96G4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

5.  Finally..... this is how I left my classroom today... ugh...... so much work to do!

I DID manage to get a bulletin board KIND OF completed.......


So.... that's it for now, my friends! Make sure that you hop over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday posts!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2015/08/five-for-friday-linky-partyaugust-7th.html

Until next time!

Blessings,

No comments

Post a Comment