Teacher Week - Make Ahead Meals - Beer Chicken Sandwiches




http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/
Hello Friends,
Today is "Make Ahead Meals" and when I heard that this was one of the themes for Teacher Week, I became really excited because I NEED ideas! I am a whole foods shopper/eater, so grabbing a frozen dinner or a fast food burrito isn't part of my life anymore..... What this means is that during the summer, I LOVE planning meals and cooking them, but in the school year... Yikes! I just want to pull something out of the freezer or crock pot and have it ready for me when I get home...... I will say that the crock pot is my best friend and when I can put everything together in the evening for the next day! Perfect!

So........The meal that I am sharing is one that came from my mother a year or so ago. It is "Shredded Beer Chicken Sandwiches." It is so EASY and DELICIOUS! My family loves it and there are never, ever leftovers. I mix the marinade the night before WITHOUT the beer. In the morning, I add the beer and chicken and place everything in the crock pot. When I come home from school, the kitchen smells delicious. I add some roasted veggies and fresh fruit as sides and voila! Dinner is served! Yum!


Here is the recipe:

1/2  Cup Ketchup
1/3  Cup  Brown Sugar
2 T  Soy Sauce
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp  Chili Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp  Paprika
1 bottle Beer  (12 ounce)
4 large chicken breasts

Whisk items into beer. Add chicken. Place in a crock pot.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Use a fork to shred the chicken.
Spoon onto warmed buns. That's it! Easy Peasy!

If you like vegetable soup, I posted a recipe for a delicious soup that can be made ahead and enjoyed throughout the week in an earlier post. Click the image below to take you there....
http://lovethosekinders-kinderkay.blogspot.com/2015/07/no-i-am-not-cooking-blog-but-this.html


Head on over to Blog Hoppin for more fun, easy, and delicious Make Ahead Meals!

http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/

Until next time!
Blessings,









1 comment

  1. Yum! The sandwiches look great and easy to make. I've added this to my running list of meals! Thanks! The Techie Playground

    ReplyDelete