My Spring Break List....

Hello Friends,
Thank you Mel, From the Pond and Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Designs for the adorable graphics for this image. 

This is the beginning of my spring break and I have been putting some thought into what I am going to do this week. My husband and I made the decision to stay home which I was fine with until I started hearing about flights to Florida, trips to the Ozarks, and Caribbean cruises!

So..... On my morning walk today, I made a list of ten things that I want to accomplish this week. Some work and some relaxation...

1.  Take long walks and appreciate where I live. I have often been envious of people who live close to oceans, lakes, or mountains, but when I was taking my walk this morning, I realized that there are so many things that we have here in Central Illinois that are wonderful and beautiful, too... I plan to appreciate majestic trees, tidy lawns, sweet sounds of birds singing, and the smiles of people who you pass....

2.  Organize my home office..... I am guilty of stockpiling piles of papers. After I use something, I will put it in a "To Be Filed" pile and then walk away. When I finally DO get to the piles, I am so overwhelmed that I often just pick the entire pile up and pitch it. Well, I am here to tell you that this is not a good idea... Last summer, while in the midst of my purging frenzy, I threw away an external hard drive, EVERY one of my USB sticks, and a beautiful planner. I am just sick about this and there is nothing that I can do about it.... So, this time, I am going to take an afternoon to go through each pile and take the time to keep things that really are valuable....

3.  Try some of those recipes that I have pinned on Pinterest and have not tried.

4.  Spend a day having lunch and shopping with my Mom.

5.  Read a REAL book; one with pages that you turn. I adore my Kindle, but holding a book in your hands turning pages is something that I miss.

6.  Pick up sticks and stop new weeds from showing up in my flower gardens. Maybe I can get a head start on their growth and keep them away this summer!

7.  Do something creative.... draw, sew, or do something fun with paper....

8.  Do my report cards... yes, my friends... our report cards are due into the office the day we return from break. I want to get them done early in the week so that they can get crossed off and that worry will be gone...

9.  Even though we live right next to the University of Illinois, we hardly ever go onto campus because of the high traffic - cars, bikes, and people! So.... this week, I want to take a walk on that beautiful campus and maybe have a light lunch or dinner at one of the campus restaurants because the U of I is on spring break, too!

10.  And finally... stay away from social media. I have been so upset about the state of affairs in our country that it has started to affect me physically and emotionally. This is a big challenge for me because I am pretty attached to social media. I have come to realize, though, that spending hours at my computer fretting over things that I cannot change is not a healthy way for me to spend my days. Hopefully taking a break from it this week will give me a chance to step away and realize that I really do have what is important... my health, a beautiful family, a job that I love, and the ability to pay my bills......


So, that's it for now, my friends... If you are on spring break, I wish for your days to be relaxing and rejuvenating..... If you have already had a break or will not be having one at all, I wish you happy days and hope the summer comes soon for you!

Until next time...

Blessings,

1 comment

  1. This is a great list. I think I need a second week of spring break to implement them. ☺

    ReplyDelete