Ladybugs, summer trips and Five for Friday

Hello Friends,

It's Five for Friday and it is STILL Friday - Yay! It's the little things, my friends..... joining a Friday linky on a FRIDAY is a big deal to me! ;)

So here I go.......

 1.  First of all, I have to tell you that my daughter and I saw Adele in Chicago a few weeks ago! My husband gave me the tickets for Christmas last year. I was one of the lucky ones who got to see her. She was everything that I knew she would be.... What fun my daughter and I had!





2.  I found some pretty nasty aphids on some on my plants in my school garden. Do you see them in this photo? They are those yellow spots on my millkweed. So, I ordered 1600 ladybugs to see if they would stay around to chomp on those nasty bugs.... I am hoping that they will stay around and not relocate....



 3.  We took our annual trip to South Haven, Michigan last week. We usually spend this time with my parents, but unfortunately, my Dad wasn't feeling well, so it was just 4 of us. My oldest son and his wife could not make it either.... We missed everyone, but still had a wonderful few days.



 4.  Another trip I made was to the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago. We spent a wonderful afternoon enjoying the work of Kerry James Marshall. If you get a chance to see his work, go! He is absolutely amazing!



 5.  I am ALMOST finished with Part 2 of my ABC Science resource. I just completed "Z" today and now it needs to go through the editing process. If you purchased ABC Science Part 1, make sure that you have the latest revisions. I am HOPING to have Part 2 complete by the first of August... (fingers crossed!) Here's the cover prototype... It might change in the editing process! Don't click on it! There's no link yet! ;)


Make sure that you visit Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2016/07/five-for-friday-link-up-july-22.html

4 comments

  1. How lucky are you to have seen Adele! I can only imagine how awesome she is!
    Looks like you are having a great summer :)

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get a chance to see her, do it! She is so talented and funny, too! Yes, the summer has been fun. Hope you are enjoying yours as well!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the ladybugs. Hope they take care of your aphids. With so many they ought not be "grouchy"! Stay cool this week. I grew up camping in South Haven, Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Small world.... My parents usually camp at Van Buren state park during this trip. This was the first time for 10 years that we did not go to the beach there. We were at North Beach which is VERY different from the Van Buren one...

      Take care!

      Delete